Have insect or bug bite. Have red blisters, itching and swelling. No fever. Remedy?

I have 7 what appear to be bites of either an insect or bug of some sort. However I did not feel a bite or a sting. They are on my torso. They were very itchy at first but not now. I got 2 bites 4 days ago. I discovered one bite 2 days ago. Then 3 more showed up yesterday. They look like a swelled up mosquito bite at first and itch. Now the 2 that I got 4 days ago are are black in the center and sunken in in the center. Round about the black middle are red blisters. They are slightly raised. The raised part is about a dime size but the part that is blistered is only about a fourth of an inch. I do not have sensitive skin and have never experienced anything like this. I have no fever and no other symptoms. I have not been outside very much. The sores look pretty bad and are raised. I am healthy and of a normal healthy weight. I have 5 children and and none of them have any of these bites or sores on them.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

It is difficult to say for sure what these are. Could you possibly upload a couple of photos for me to review?

Possibilities include an allergic reaction, drug allergy, or possibly bites from a small insect or even scabies.

If you have started any new medications, let me know.

I will await an upload of the pictures from you for further discussion and recommendations,

Thanks again for the query.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Have insect or bug bite. Have red blisters, itching and swelling. No fever. Remedy? 2 hours later
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am not able to take a picture of the sores because I don't have the equipment. However, I have looked at pictures of everything that I can think of that it might possibly be and nothing looks close to it. I really don't believe it is scabies because of the pictures that I've seen. I am on no meds and I don't take any OTC drugs either. I never have. I am taking a nutritional supplement because I am nursing my 8 month old baby and have been taking it since I found out I was pregnant with no problems. Is my baby in any danger?
Hello and thank you for the update.

Another possible consideration would be that this represents some type of eczema. You could easily purchase some over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream and apply this to a test area to see if you are able to achieve a significant response.

I do not think there is any danger to your baby at this time. Otherwise you are feeling well and this appears to be just a superficial skin problem.

I would suggest however that if the Cortisone is not successful that you should consider seeing a local physician for a good physical examination, consultation and discussion to see if their are any other recommendations that might be of benefit.

Definitely a referral to a dermatologist might be considered if the problem is not determined and treated.

I don't think this is a serious condition but I think it is something worth investigating.

Thanks again for sharing your health concern. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Dr Galamaga