Have inflamed and sore eye. What is causing this and required treatment?

I accidentally went into a tanning standup stall without protective eye ware and my eyes were open. It was just afew seconds and a ran out. It was yesterday. My left eye is sore but I can see fine.

What should I do.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 57 minutes later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There is a slight injury to corneal epithelial inter cellular substance.This leads to varying degree of irritation depending upon exposure.
Lubricating drops almost 1-2 hrly to be put in the eye will give you relief.
Please do ger back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Have inflamed and sore eye. What is causing this and required treatment? 50 minutes later
Thank you so very much! I am getting married on Saturday.....When my eye feels better am I Ok to XXXXXXX again (with appropriate protection!!!)

Thanks again,
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
You can go ahead with your tanning schedule at the earliest,of course with adequate precautions.
best wishes for your marriage.