Have infertility problem. Test showed no dead or live cells. Any suggestion?

Hi doctor,
This is related infertility my last report says '''No dead or live cells found'''' Need ur sugesstions pls
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later
As I have mentioned in my previous answer,there can be 2 types of azoospermia. There can be an obstructive cause or non obstructive cause. Obstruction to the reproductive tract causes the 1st type and can be treated by microsurgery. But the non obstructive type, can be caused due to infections,absent sperm production. The hormone tests will show if any sperm is being produced at all. Ideally a testicular biopsy helps to differentiate between them.
Nowadays,if even some amount of sperm production is present, by sperm retrieval methods, pregnancy may be possible. But its highly possible that assisted reproductive methods will be required here.
Follow-up: Have infertility problem. Test showed no dead or live cells. Any suggestion? 2 minutes later
what tests should i take now in the lab pls let me know..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
First you only do the semen analysis. If the report still shows azoospermia,then a whole battery of tests need to be done. Along with a physical examination,to rule out hydrocele,varicocele, absecess etc, hormone tests for LH,FSH,TESTOSTERONE. need to be done. Next step would be karyotyping to rule out genetic problems. Next would be imaging studies to rule out obstruction. Dont worry about all of these now. Start with the examination and semen analysis.