Have infection post vaginal hysterectomy. Severe vaginitis. Used terazol and flagstatin. Prescribed boric acid vaginal suppositories. Help?

Question
10weeks post vaginal hysterectomy ... Had an infection given flatly ... Severe vaginitis used terazol ... Flagstatin ... Just saw my gynaecologist she prescribed boric acid vaginal suppositories ... Lots of burning ... Should I stop only used one night
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Vaginitis causes severe itching and inflammation of the vaginal mucosa. Normally it occurs due to imbalance of the good flora in the vagina. Normally probiotics are used to help balance the vaginal flora so that symptoms are reduced. I suggest you start using probiotic capsules daily and note your symptoms.

If the pessaries are causing a lot of burning sensation don't use them. You can however use canestan cream for local application.

Avoid using soap and perfume in that area. Also try to wear airy loose fitting inner wear.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Have infection post vaginal hysterectomy. Severe vaginitis. Used terazol and flagstatin. Prescribed boric acid vaginal suppositories. Help? 18 minutes later
I have used canestan .. Terazol .. Diflucan .. I j ow it causes severe irritation .. That is why I am asking for help the boric acid is my last chance

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Boric acid as alternate treatment

Detailed Answer:

Boric acid is used as an alternative treatment for vaginitis. But the side effect includes severe irritation and burning. However, the burning may reduce and vanish after using first few times. You may want to continue its use as this is the last resort for you.

You will have to take it for 10-14 days to see the effect.

I am sorry about your symptoms. But, get well soon.