Have infected thumb nail, rashes around eye with dry flaky skin. Are these related?

I have had a strange rash around my eyes. It starts out like small brusies then it goes flaky and the skin is dry. I have pictures. It is unpleasant but doesn't really hurt. I think it also on the top of my thigh where it is itchy and inflamed.
Or could this be something different. I am very clean and change my pillow cases regularly. I use non biological soap powder so I don't think it is a irritant. My own GP doesn't know what it is. Also my thumb nail is infected and the nail crumbled away from the nail bed I have been painting some nail solution on it for months that my GP gave me. It doesn't work and my rash is still here could they be connected?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The images presented are very suspicious of an inflammation and is characteristic of a skin infection, probably a fungal infection, that might have certainly spread to other regions of the body. The thumb infection might also require to be scabbed and sent to the laboratory for cultures and drug sensitivity tests. I am afraid you might need to take anti fungal drugs probably for a relatively longer period of time say months in addition to local or topical treatment.
I suggest you take an appointment with a dermatologist for proper clinical evaluation and tests. Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.