Have increased WBC and absolute neutrophil count. Treated for anemia. Have fatigue, nose bleeds and bruises. On prednisone

I have an increased WBC. I used to run about 5-6000. My last one a couple days ago was 15,000. My absolute neutrophil count has increased from 5.2 in April to 10.24 on Wed. The WBC has been creeping up for the last few years, but jumped from 10,500 in April to the 15,000. I am a 61 yr old female. I am treated for due to RNY. I'm very concerned that I may have developed CML. I have extreme fatigue, having some nose bleeds, and old lady bruises on my arms from injuries I have no knowledge of. My hematologist isn't concerned and just wants me to wait until I see her in October. I don't have any obvious infections. I don't wait well. Do I need to worry about this? I am currently on prednisone for the RA or inflammatory osteo arthritis and have started on plaquinil. My research shows that those should actually lower the WBC. Once in a while I will run a slight fever, my normal is around 97.6-98 and will run 99.2-99.8. No night sweats.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer...your assessment seems to be correct that it may be CML
Detailed answer....
Gradually rise of WBC with symptoms like malaise,fatigue,increasing susceptibility to bleeding and bruises,low grade fever with increasing susceptibility to infections are classical signs of CML.
You require investigations like complete blood count,peripheral smear and doctor is not urgently concerned.Hematoogist is the right person for proper management of your condition.
just relax and stay calm and nothing to worry.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck