Ask a Urologist   »  

Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am having problems urinating and pooping. I find myself peeing often and it's an uncomfortable urge to go and when I go I have the urge to poop as well but their isn't always stool that comes out but I still have the urge so that leads me to straining myself and I know that's bad. Also I find a lot of phlegm coming out where I release stool.
Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Based on your statement it appears that you have increase frequency and urgency of urination.

You are 18 years and the common cause of these symptoms at this age is Urine Test
2) Ultrasound scanning
This will help to establish a diagnosis. Your primary care provider can guide you through the tests.
Please ensure that you drink plenty of water.

As far as increased urge to pass stools and inability to pass stools suggest that you may have an associated intestinal infection probably related to amoeba. Verifying a stool sample under microscopy - as done in the stool routine test can rule out this infection. I would suggest you to get this done also.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries do not hesitate to write, I shall be happy to address the same.