Have inactive cirrosis. Taking lisinopril. Safe?

I have inactive cirrosis. I have had two active occurances when I took aspirin and ibuprofin in excess. I have had cirrosis for 27+ years caused by alcholism. I was spared dath and am an active member of AA. I recently have had another active occurance. My question: I 've been taking 39mg of lisinopril and am wondering if this may have caused it since my liver is very sensitive to the above and lipinospril has ace inhibitors in it and have always heard that people with liver disease should not take them.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Lisinopril is an ace inhibitor and is used to treat high blood pressure.
Although the most common side effects of lisinopril are cough,running nose ,headache etc but in very rare cases it can cause serious liver problems by raising liver enzymes.
Since you are already a patient of cirrhosis,you should avoid taking this drug.
However it is very difficult to say that whether your reactivation of cirrhosis has been brought about by lisinopril or some other factor.
The best would be to discuss about this with your treating doctor who has been monitoring you over past many years.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck