Have implanon, brown discharge, breast pain, tired, moody, headache. Negative pregnancy test. What is going on?

I think im pregnant i have the implanon. I got it 3 years ago & i havent had a period since then. Its supposedto get taken out this month and i think it has quit working. I had some light bleeding a couple months ago. Me and my boyfriend had sex then. Last week i had some brown clear discharge and i started feeling sick, my boobs hurt, i was tired more, more moody, and really bad headaches. I went to the hospital because i got really sick and i started to bleed. They gave me a pregnancy test because i thought i was having a miscarriage, but the test was a negative. I still have symptoms and my dad thinks i might be pregnant in my tubes? I dont know whats going on. Please help.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The bleeding may be due to withdrawal bleeding. As the functional duration of implanon is nearing withdrawal bleeding can occur. Bleeding in excess is usually the consequences of this.

But the breast tenderness, ill health, mood changes indicate to possibility of a pregnancy.

I think you should consider getting a detailed examination done by your Gynecologist. In addition please repeat the pregnancy test with serum beta-HCG levels and a Transvaginal ultrasound to find out if you are having pregnancy related issues- like uterine pregnancy or tubal/ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage.

The aforementioned should clear off all the doubts.

I hope this information would be both informative and helpful to you. Let me know if you have further enquiries.