Have hypothyroidism. Had ligament tear of leg in an accident. Can i use herbalife to reduce weight?

I am 26 yrs old and i workout daily.I have hypothyroidism as well.
A week back i me with an accident with includes ligament tear of my left leg.Since i am not able to workout now i am afraid i will put on weight and it will further affect healing process.Can i use positrim or herbalife to reduce weight?
?is that safe??
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
Hypothyroidism do cause easy weight gain.

As you have sustained ligamental tear, you can not start exercising soon. But You can give time for ligamental healing.

I would suggest you to manage weight gain with diet modification instead of using positrim or herbalife.

These two products per say will not cause weight loss.
Those are just protein supplements. Companies explain it as if person uses those products instead of meal, it will provide energy required and will not cause weight gain due to consumption of fat or carbohydrates.

Instead you can get your daily diet planned by dietitian and follow it.
Side effects will occur if nutritional demands of body are not satisfied with protein powder alone, you may experience weakness or vitamin deficiency.

Once ligamental tear heals, you can start exercise along with diet modifications.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.