Have hypothyroidism. Got multiple fracture, brain injury after an accident. Have high bp, weakness

I believe I have an autoimmune disease that has been attacking my thyroid. I was diagnosed in 1994 with hypothyroidism then. In July of 2011 I was apassenger in a serious auto accident and had multiple fractures, including a brain injury. My physical and emotional health has been deteriorating rapidly in the past year. I have thyroid storms to high blood pressure, chronic pain, weakness, no more hair growth. My thyroid goes hyper..then hypo. Lump in the throat, difficulty healing, now rhumetoid arthritis, etc. I have been getting worse as time goes by. My PCP of 25 years won't or can't help me. I need proper testing. I am a female 54 who do I turn to?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 11 hours later
Hello madam

welcome to health care magic. I do understand your multiple problems and your concern regarding your thyroid status.

I would suggest you to get a thyroid blood testing and then to titrate your dose as per the blood results. If you thyroid reports are biochemically normal, then your problems may not b related to your thyroid and a physician would help you better.