Have hypothyroid with high cholesterol and GERD. Having chest and hand pain. Pancoast tumor?

I am 51 year old female. I have hypothyroid , high chlosterol, severe gerd and now recently diagnoised with divitulitis, was in severe abdominal pain, but is letting up with antibiotics. No high blood pressure, recent ct scan, lower abdominal scan, chest x XXXXXXX , last week. My high white blood cell count has gone down from the infection. Due to the severe gerd, I am taking a antispasmodic. I do have pain in both shouders, between shoulder blades from time to time. Chest pain as well off and on. I had a xray done on lower back and showed nothing. I did fall a few months ago on my back and had back pain. I have pain in left leg and numbness above the ankle and my left arm below the elbow with numbness and pain in the fingers. I quit smoking several years ago, two to be exact. My question is, does this hand pain and finger pain sound like a Pancoast tumor? I do sit and type alot. The hand feels tight and hurts in some , but not all of the fingers. I know that from reading a tumor can be missed on an xray of the chest. The arm pain is below the elbow on top and bottom of the arm. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using health care magic

Pancoast tumor is a tumor located in the upper aspect of the lung. It is normally associated with (1) compression of blood vessels with pooling resulting in edema, (2) wasting (decrease in size) of the muscles in the arm and hands, (3) severe pain in the shoulder region going towards the axilla and inner aspect of the hand, (4) horner's syndrome (composed of miosis which is narrowing of the pupils, ptosis - drooping of the eyelid, lack of sweating on one side of the face and the eye pushing backwards.

It can be missed on xray because of its location.
The pain in pancoast tumor is usually persistent and sever and not usually intermittent. The pain usually requires nacotics because of its severity. It is associated with wasting.
It is associated with a history of smoking.
From your description, it does not sound like this tumor, but if you remain concerned you can discuss the possibility of a CT or MRI with your doctor.

You may also want to consider an X XXXXXXX of the neck regarding the numbness and tingling in the arm and hand.
In some persons, changes in the bones in the neck can affect the nerve supply to the upper limbs.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions