Have hypothyroid, had an ablation for tachycardia. Feeling bloated and nauseated. Concerned

Hi, had an ablation for tachycardia six weeks ago. I also have hypothyroid that a take 100 mcg of synthroid for. Lately I am feeling very bloated, tired, pain in my right jaw, nauseated and head feels as though im in a fog. Could it be a sensitivity to to the synthoid? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you are feeling can be adverse effects of the drug as previously you have palpitation which is a known side effect of this drug and disease. But you need to be proved.
Firstly I want to know the present status of your Thyroid function test and when did you consult your doctor last time. Usually hypothyroidism patient has to check their thyroid function test every 3 monthly and accordingly dose of the drug can be increased or decreased as per need. All the symptoms can occur due to over dose of the drug, so present value of thyroid function test is mandatory to get to any decision.

In addition to this you need to be investigated for the other cause of your symptoms like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Fatty liver, Inflammation of Digestive track and Gastric Ulcers.
Feel free to consult your treating doctor and tell about your problem and do some needed investigation, find out the cause and accordingly treatment can be planned.
Hope you got answer to all your queries. If you have any other related queries please write in follow up query.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh