Have hypothyroid and cholesterol problem. Taking medicine for severe GERD. Uterine or cervical cancer?

I am 51 year old female. I have severe gerd and am on antispasmodics and nexium. I also have hypothyroid. I have high cholestrol from the thyroid problem. I am taking medication for this. For two days, I have been in extreme pain in center of abdomen , above pelvic region. On one to 10, I would say a 8, but has decreased to a 3 nonstop knawing pain in lower abdoman above pelvis. It started like period cramping, I had a period last month, but not this month. I had a scan for gallbladder and pancrease all great. I had a chest x XXXXXXX all great. I went to the doctor yesterday and my white blood cell count was elevated and she put me on antibiotics. I am exhausted from lack of sleep . I have had NO vaginal bleeding, nor discharge, Periods have been normal until this month. My stomach growls constantly. I have ct scan today scheduled to look at appendix and an ultra sound for vaginal area scheduled today. I also have problems with pain from gerd in shoulder and between shouder blades as well, I had a heart check, all was clear. It was a stress test and a carotid artery check, all clear.What I am really concerned about is cervical, or uternie cancer. Does this sound like uterine, or cervical cancer.? The onset of the pain was extreme and started quickly.The pain is still occuring, but the intensity has lessend, My upper stomach area burns as well. Please give your advice on the cervical and uterine cancer. I am terrified to have the tests done today,
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 41 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is understandable to be concerned.
Cervical cancer takes a long time to develop, this is the reason the recommendations for screening changed in 2012 , increasing the interval between pap smears. Most experts believe that this type of cancer can take up to 8yrs to go from the initial abnormal cell changes seen to full blown cancer. The first few initial stages are actually reversible or treatable. For this reason, if you've had previous normal pap smear last yr or the year before, cervical cancer is highly unlikely just because the changes take so long to occur.
When cervical cancer is at the stage of pain , it usually implies spread and this is highly unlikely if a person has been screening for cancer as recommended.

In terms of uterine cancer, this can be associated with pain but it more commonly presents first with abnormal vaginal bleeding. Though the percentage of women with endometrial cancer (uterine cancer) increases in those who are in perimenopause ( not menopausal as yet but in the age range) , it is more common after menopause has occurred.

it is unlikely that the pain you are experiencing would be as a result of either cervical or endometrial cancer.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions