Have hypothyrodism, feel tired, have hot feeling, sweating, ringing ear, trembling finger. What can this be?

Sexologist
Question
I am 43 years old male. I AM HYPOTHYROID. My doctor says that my levels are ok. But I feel tired and exhausted if I do anything energetic Like go for a long walk. My question is that I get a hot feeling come over me I feel sweaty and my ears ring and then my little finger trembles for 30 secs. Afterwards I feel better than I did previously. This has been happening for about 6 years about twice a month. It is usually occurs when I am over tired. What can this be?

I find Im always tired for a week after having sex. This when these episodes tend to happen. If abstain from sex the stronger I feel.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query in HCM

Alterations in the thyroid hormones can affect the libido of both men and women.
Tiredness can be attributed to hypothyroidism or some other physical conditions like diabetes.
Sexual intercourse or Masturbation as such will not cause weakness in the body.
The perception or thought that it may be the reason is responsible for the weakness.
Hence do not worry too much about the effects of sexual act.

Hope you got an idea about your problem. I am still available for more clarifications if you have

regards

Dr A XXXXXXX
Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist
“great sex.happy life”

Follow-up: Have hypothyrodism, feel tired, have hot feeling, sweating, ringing ear, trembling finger. What can this be? 1 hour later

Please read the reports I have uploaded. I find my testosterone are the low side. When I have sex, I feel fine the following day but then for the following week feel tired with no energy. It at this point I get hot and sweaty and with palpatations and my finger trembles.

Please look at my uploaded reports as they have my test results.

sex hormones test was taken during the week after sex when i felt weak.
The other test was taken a few weeks after sex. Testosterone levels vary in both reports. I think they may be low.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 33 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

I gone through your test results and it is found that your testosterone levels are within normal limits.

Other hormones TSH and LH are on the lower side. These two hormones are secreted by Pituitary gland which is situated in the head. My suggestion is to consult with an endocrinologist for expert evaluation regarding pituitary function.

regards

Dr A XXXXXXX
“great sex.happy life”

Follow-up: Have hypothyrodism, feel tired, have hot feeling, sweating, ringing ear, trembling finger. What can this be? 6 hours later
Just to note the following.

Reference Range 7.6 - 31.4
TESTOSTERONE 15.6 nmol/L (12 hours after sex)

TESTOSTERONE 11.7 nmol/L (1 day after sex)

TESTOSTERONE 16.5 nmol/L (1 month afer sex)

Can you explain why my testosterone dips so much a day after sex? On that day I usually get drained and tired and can take me week to recover. With the LH and FSH low is it taking a long time to replenish my testosterone levels back up? Does this have a knock on effect on my adrenals which then has to pump out my more DHEA. Therefore leaving me with less cortisol levels to help the thyroid medication into the cells???

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 42 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

You seem to bother more about testosterone level which from your reports is within reference range all the time hence has no significance.

You need to worry about the pituitary function which need to evaluated by an endocrinologist.

Hope you understood the situation.

regards

Dr A XXXXXXX
“great sex.happy life”