Have hypothroid, taking elthroxin. Have had abortion. Diagnosed with PCOS, having metformin. Elevated TSH. How to cure it to conceive?

Hello Doc..
I am 35 yrs married 2yrs ago having hypothyroid since i guess few years ago but got to know last year due to signs of loosing hair,loosing weight and so on having 50 mg elthroxin early morning on empty stomach also after 3rd day i take 100mg...last year had to abort 4weeks pregancy had gone under scanning process which me n my doc was not aware....2 mnths i was diagnosed with PCOs so having metformin after every concern is last december my T3,T4 n TSH was normal but last week when i checked thyroid my TSH showed 9.18 uIU/ml..need a solution on this as i am planning for a baby....
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 38 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Your TSH has increased despite being on eltroxin. You will need an increase of the dose to control hypothyroidism adequately.

If you are planning for a baby, I would advise to get guided by an endocrinologist for total evaluation and control of hypothyroid state.

PCOS and hypothyroid state are related and hence your gynaecologist’s advice is also helpful.

Hormonal imbalance is adverse for the baby.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!