Have hyperthyroidism. is it safe to take 75 mcg of Iodine?

I have hyperthyroidism, My vitamins contain 75 mcg of Iodine, is it safe to take them?

Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 6 hours later
Yes it is generally considered safe. Hyperthyroidism can be complex to understand and manage. For more information review WWW.WWWW.WW
Most multi vitamins have small amounts of iodine, that are deemed safe.

However, sometime certain tests and treatments for hyperthyroidism require the individual to be on a low iodine diet for a short period of time such as a few days to weeks. During this time, multi-vitamins are to be avoided