Have hyperthyroidism. Suffering from severe back pain. What should I do?

May 2013
My friend has hyperthrodism for 6 years now with no continus medication. Now she has been having
sharp pains own the back, sort of like labour pains. what is really happening an what can be one now?
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

Hyperthyroidism can affect many systems of the body.
Untreated hyperthyroidism can lead to symptoms like muscular weakness, osteoporosis etc.
These may be responsible for your friend's back ache and abdominal pains.
But these type of pains can occur due to many causes like pelvic inflammatory disease, renal causes etc.
So let your friend consult endocrinologist once and undergo thyroid profile.
Depending on the thyroid hormone level treatment to be taken and also associated symptoms can be evaluated.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.