Have hypertension, discomfort in chest. Angiography revealed double vessel disease. Taken flexon. Help?

I am 70 now and having hypertension for the past 25 years; taking medicines regularly. A month ago had a discomfort in the chest, got myself admitted in the cardic wing of the hospital whereby went through angiography that revealed double vessel disease, Stress thelium indicated area of ischaemia 10%, carotid doppler revealed Right and left IMT: 0.8 mm. I was told that I should lead a normal life and there is no cause for worry.
Recently, I am feeling discomfort on the extreme left side of the chest beginning from the lower part of the ribs to the area around left arm in the chest. Consulted a general physician/cardiologist who went through all reports and apparently ruled out any cardiac problem. He has advised me to go for the following tests:
B-12, D3 level, FT3, TG, TSH and in interim prescribed Ace Proxyvon. So far I have taken 3 tabs and there appears to be some relief in the discomfort but Ace proxyvon seems to be giving me dizziness and unsteady gait which obviously makes me very uncomfortable. Before I visited the said doctor I had taken Flexon which is a combination of paracetamol and ibuprofen that too helped me. I am desisting from taking ace proxyvon for fear of dizziness and unsteady gait. I am yet to receive reports of tests as mentioned above. Kindly advise me future course of action.
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 39 minutes later

As you are having dizziness and unsteady gait with Ace-proxyvon; I would suggest you to discontinue that drug. You can take Tab Flexon for the chest pain till you receive your reports.

The chest pain that you describe is unlikely to be of cardiac origin, as you have undergone angiography and thallium scan a month ago - it less likely to worsen in this time; though it would be better to opt for Electrocardiography (ECG) along with the other test that is planned now. Discuss with your treating physician.

Healthy diet and lifestyle is beneficial. You can continue routine activities, but preferably avoid physical exertion.

I hope I have answered your query. In case you need any clarification, I shall be happy to help you.

Wish you good health.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: Have hypertension, discomfort in chest. Angiography revealed double vessel disease. Taken flexon. Help? 12 hours later
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am yet to know the reasons for my present state. If the current state is not cardiac related what then is the problem? Is it GERD? Do I am having some kind of ulcer? Could it be Vit B deficiency or I have become paranoid about my present state? You have not made a mention whether my physician's line of treatment is OK. Please forgive me for harsh words- read your observation once again you will find it yourself that it lacks depth and understanding and is quite superficial.
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 11 hours later
Hello AAAAA,

Thanks for writing in.

Current line of treatment of your physician is ok.

Doctor is trying to find out etiology of disease.

Vit- B12 test will let us know about its deficiency which is common at this age.
TG, TSH, T3 will give us idea regarding thyroid status.

Only thing is that ECG was not done at that visit, which needs to be done to rule out its cardiac origin.

If cardiac origin is ruled out and if reports of above mentioned tests come out negative; then only we can consider this pain as of GERD i.e. gastro esophageal reflux disease.

If we find out root cause of your condition, then there is no chance of becoming paranoid. So make sure you do not take stress which will add burden to heart.

So you would have come to know by now that, until and unless we have reports of all tests at hand, we cannot come to diagnosis.

Have faith on your treating physician who is going step wise instead of just assuming your condition as GERD/ulcer.

I hope I have answered your doubt. In case of other doubts feel free to revert back.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam