Have hypertension and BP fluctuates. Taking telmisartan and amlodipine. Half of the body remains cold. Reason for coldness?

I am 52. I am HTN patient. Over the past week my BP fluctuates between 165/110 to 145/90. I am taking telmisartan 40 mg+amlodipine 5 mg in morning and Concor 2.5 mg in evening. Echo report shows diastolic dysfunction. Also my lower half of the body remains cold. Kindly suggest which tests should I go for and what should be the reason for coldness in lower limbs.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Add a drug OR step up dose / Do Doppler

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A small dose of diuretic can be added – either Chlorthalidone OR Hydro Chloro Thiazide – 12.5 mg.
The dose of Telmisartan or Amlodipine can be increased – their maximal doses are 80 (Telmisartan) and 10 (Amlodipine)… / it can also be done at a later stage, if necessary

ONE thing at a time / and gradually / add or step up
Allow a week to take effect
You can switch over to combination formula of the tablet, when stable

Diastolic dysfunction is the result of pressure…
Slow rate may be from Concor (Beta blocker)

Coldness of lower limbs needs examination.
Doppler study (or MRI Angiography of the abdominal and limb vessels) may be necessary.

Discuss with your doctor
The treating doctor alone can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Have hypertension and BP fluctuates. Taking telmisartan and amlodipine. Half of the body remains cold. Reason for coldness? 23 hours later
Thanks for giving me sound advice. Sir, isn't the condition 'diastolic dysfunction treatable", shall it lead me to heart failure?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do NOT worry

Detailed Answer:

Do not worry
The ECHO finding is the consequence of long standing hypertension (Blood Pressure)
When the pressure is controlled well and maintained – the changes may regress…