Have hypertension. On ramapril 2.5mg. Will it fail me in medical test for new job?

hi im due to have medical for new job but have hypertension, currently on 2.5mg ramapril and was last checked around 140 and is comming down, will this fail me?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 20 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
As per your details, there is no significant past history.
So during medical, hypertension was detected. It can be due to stress or anxiety of medical; you blood pressure would have gone up.

Until and unless blood pressure is raised on three different occasions, medications will not be started.

I hope you done it same way and then your physician has started the medicine.
Ramipril is good enough to control as blood pressure is 140 mm/Hg.

But every company has it's policies to recruit, decision completely depends on company's policy.

But If it is white coat hypertension [hypertension only during stress/ anxiety in hospitals]; I do not think it will be a problem.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.