Have hyper pigmentation of skin, particularly near inner thighs and private areas. Suggest pills?

Hi Dr Kalpana
My skin condition is hyper pigmentation. I am have fair skin tone all over but my problem area is my inner thighs and pvt area.
My skin is dark around that area and feel very concerned and insecure about it.
Please let me know if there are any pills I can use to lighten those area so that it gets faded. Please help Doctor.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 6 hours later
Certain areas of body like underarms, groins, inner side of thighs, genitals are normally more pigmented in comparison to other body areas as these areas are prone to friction and sweat accumulation. However in many the extra pigmentation is compounded by excess weight/ over weight,excessive sweating, any previous episode of infection like tinea, intertrigo, erythrasma etc, disease like acanthosis nigricans or addisons disease etc.

To help you in a better way, I would request you to attach a pic of your pigmented area( image of inner side thighs would be okay) and also answer below mentioned queries
1) if you sweat excessively
2)if you are overweight
3)if your periods are regular
4) any history of previous fungal or bacterial infection or any other lesion in the area
5) any other clinical history thyroid ds or diabetes etc
6) if you have used any medication till now for this concern of yours
7)any other areas of pigmentation like palms, underarms, nail folds etc/

answering these queries would help me in addressing your concern in a better way.

I would also like you to know that the conversation, name of patient and images attached are confidential, so do not hesitate in attaching an image of concerned area. We maintain proper discretion and complete patient confidentiality.

Hoping to hear from you soon.