Have hyper pigmentation after laser rejuvenation. How long will it take to get cured?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have hyperpigmentation after Laser rejuvenation. How long will it take for lightening creams to show results?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The LASER treatment causes skin pigmentation due to the inflammatory changes. These pigmentation marks are likely to lighten with proper treatment over 8-10 weeks.
My advise to you would be
-Maintain sunprotection with sunscreens and physical sun protection (umbrella/caps/hats/scarfs). You can any sunscreen with SPF 50 either neutrogena or sebamed. Apply it 2-3 times per day .Ideally after every 3 hours starting 8 AM morning.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants. Vitamin C is a XXXXXXX skin lightening agent.
You can continue using skin lightening creams.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.