Have hsv-2. Had oral sex. Experiencing shoulder stiffness, rib cage pain, groin pain and weight loss. HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hello I have hsv2 and I got oral sex from a women who I found out shoot up drugs . 2 weeks after the event my right shoulder went stiff and have been for over a month. Pain under left rib cage along with pain in neck that comes and goes. Groin pains dat comes and go when sitting down or walking. And. Lost a few pounds without even trying took hiv blood test 4 weeks after the event and oral quick test at 6 both neg does this sound like hiv 2 u
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting you query.

HIV transmission through oral sex is very low.
At the same time the HIV tests done after 4 weeks and 6 weeks were not conclusive unless it is a combo/duo test or an antigen test. It is better to be repeated after 12 weeks time.

The symptoms explained by you are common neither in early HIV disease or in
HSV -2. Shoulder stiffness, rib cage pain are not likely to be your sexual exposure.
Regarding groin pain also it is difficult to say whether it has any relevance to your sexual behavior without a thorough examination.
It is better for you to consult your physician for further help.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
DR S.Murugan