Have horrible red and white spots on arms. How to treat this?

Jul 2012

I have these horrible red/white spots on my arms (more the upper arm) how do i treat these? They just feel really dry and horrible. I would like to get rid of them. I live in Australia. Is there a cream i can buy from a chemist/pharmacy
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX.
For starters, please do remember to lather on a good quality sunscreen with an inbuilt moisturiser & to apply it minimum 20mts before you step out as am sure you are wont to do. Also ensure that this sunscreen is on your skin from XXXXXXX to dusk & the applications are repeated each 3-4 hrs minimum & if you go swimming, sweat or wash the area, reapply said sunscreen immediately.
Bioderma (french company)has a cream/lotion called 'White Objective' that may be used on these lesions evenings a good 3-4 hrs before bedtime & left on overnight. Alternatively, there is a lotion called 'Exfoliac' that can be used similarly in the evenings. Together this will help you.
However, the dictum would still be to XXXXXXX your dermatologist on the ground & perhaps the next stage would have to be laser intervention.
Do hope this has been prompt, informative & decisive information that you can work on & if so, please do close this query & give us a healthy rating/review. Cheers & Here's Wishing you a clear skin in the very near future!
Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD