Ask a Urologist   »  

Have horrible cramps and hurts during urination. Cannot stop urinating. Severe pain. Suggest the medication?

Jul 2016

I have horrible cramps hurts when i urinate and i cant stop trying to urinate. Severe pain. Help
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to cystitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acute UTI mostly Cystitis.

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Switch on to appropriate antibiotics after getting urine culture report

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you