Have hormone imbalance, taking prolactin. History of typhoid fever. Can I take medication for it while planning for baby?

Hello doctor,

I'm having harmone imbalance on prolactin which is causing less chances of getting pregnant as per my doctor suggestion. She referred one endocrine specialist to take medication for that. Before that happens I got typhoid fever and it's been just one month got over. As per everyone's advice I hope I need to plan for pregnancy atleast after 2 months. Pls advice me meanwhile if I can start getting medication for my prolactin harmone imbalance. I had bio-chemical pregnancy 6 months before to inform you. Please let me know if I'l get the chances to get pregnant soon.

Thanks in advance, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 58 minutes later

Thanks for your question.
There are no guidelines to wait for 2 months after remission of typhoid to start prolactin therapy. We doctor can start prolactin therapy as soon as the fever subsided and blood culture become negative.
Consult with your physician/urologist. Test to be done and follow his advice for further management.
About your last question there are so many causes of chemical or biomedical pregnancy. The commonest cause is a genetic abnormality in the embryo, and nature prevents this abnormal embryo from developing any further. Genetic abnormalities can be because of multiple factors, but most of them are random and unpredictable. In 60%-79% cases normal pregnancy happened after bio medical or chemical pregnancy.
So best way for you to discuss the matter brief with your treating gynecologist who can guide you much better and tell you how quick you can be pregnant.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly