Have hormonal disorder. Taking duphaston. Trying to conceive. Safe to continue this medicine?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
Hi, my name is XXXXXX..i was wondering about the use of Duphaston Tablet, and I'm consuming it now since 1 day before conception, and on my ovulation day, and still consuming it until now, combine with foloc acid. I consume the duphaston 2 tablets a day. As my doctor here suggest me to. And for your information, i have a hormonal disorder. And i'm trying to conceive since a year ago.

What i'm trying to ask is, is it helpfull to take a duphaston? Will it help me to concieive? And i'm still waiting for a result now , am i pregnant or not...
Thank so much for you kind reply and suggestion for me.

Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later

You didn't mention which type of hormonal disorder you are having.
In general duphaston contains progesterone.
Progesterone hormone helps in the implantation of the zygote and also in the maintenance of the pregnancy.
Folic acid helps in the neurological development of the baby.
So you can continue the tablets as prescribed your doctor.
If you are having any problem with duphaston, you can prefer natural micronized progesterone supplements.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have hormonal disorder. Taking duphaston. Trying to conceive. Safe to continue this medicine? 8 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

thank you for the answer earlier..i got more question, my husband have low semen fluids. His height is 5'9" and weight 210 pound. His other health is okay. He usually exercise in the morning regularly. What do you suggest he should take to help increase the semen fluid volume?

And the other natural micronized progesterone supplements, such as? (For me, besides duphaston)?

thank you

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,

Concentration of the spermatozoa is more important than seminal volume in fertility.
If your husbands seminal volume is more than 2 ml, it can be considered as normal.
According to his height his weight should be around 185lbs, so better to decrease some weight.
The generally available natural micronized progesterone supplements are susten, naturogest etc.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.