Have hollow cheeks. What is the natural way of getting puffed cheeks?

I have hollow cheeks. What is the natural way of getting puffed cheeks. I feel it extremely uncomfortable with the hollow cheeks. I am ashamed to even stand with my friends for a photo session.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 37 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Hollow cheeks are more likely to be found in persons with (1) high cheek bones
(2) with a history weight loss
(3)persons with a 'strong jaw' are more likely to have hollow cheeks
(4)as persons get older there is also loss of fat in different parts of the body including the cheeks. This also occur as a result of shrinking of some of the muscles in the face
(5) it can also be related to dehydration

In terms of treatment , there are some recommendations :
(1) facial yoga- this basically means exercising the muscles and tissues in the face to try to increase the cheeks. It would include - (a) puffing out the cheeks and transferring air from one cheek to the other
(b)smiling fish- smile while pursing lips
(c )lion- inhale and squeeze facial muscles inward then exhale through the mouth, stick out the tongue and point eyes upward
(d)baby bird- press tip of tongue to the roof of the mouth while swallowing. Tilt the head to the left, swallow again and repeat on the right

These exercises can be done 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 20 minutes. It may take at least 1 to 2 months before any effect is noticed

(2) in addition , the use of appropriate amount of fluids daily (at least 8 glasses of water) and weight gain if necessary ,can help

(3)there is also the surgical option. There are plastic surgeons who put in cheek fillers for persons who do not wish to have hollow cheeks

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions