Have hole on the side of breast by armpit and oozing puss with blood. Anything serious?
User rating for this question
My daughter has a hole on the side of her breast by her armpit it is oozing pus and blood
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 41 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
Well you havent mentioned the symptoms your girl was having before developing this hole. It is very difficult to say anything without examining the wound but still we can discuss the possibilties .
If it is related to breast it can be breast abscess or breast sinus .These generally follow acute mastitis and have pain, redness and swelling of the breast. Other symptoms such as fever, chills, fatigue and body aches may occur.
Other possibilty of axillary lymphadenitis and devlopment of sinus which may follow some infections, tuberculosis etc.
Your problems needs evaluation by examining it, getting CBC , PUS culture and sensitivity for infection . If it is a sinus then its tract needs to be determined and if it is abscess antibiotics needs to be started. I advise you to consult a surgeon for this problem as soon as possible.
Wish you good health.
People also viewed
- Doctors who treat spider angioma in children
- Daughter has spider angioma
- Pain on side of breast near armpit
- Side of breast near armpits hurt
- What causes sticky stool
- Tiny red dots on penis head
- Spider angiomas in lips
- Bloody mucus discharge after period
- Spotting after hysterectomy 6 months
- Breast pain side of breast
- Trypsin and hereditary angioedema
- Why does my vagina hole itch
- Folliculitis sign of anemia
- Pimple on breast oozing blood
- One sided pain armpit breast