Have hoarseness, tightness and heaviness in chest. Using alvesco inhaler. Could it be asthma or acid reflux?

I have hoarseness and tightness and heaviness in my chest! I have been using alvesco inhaler.seems to help.feel like my lining is inflamed. I feel tightness,buti' m not wheezing. It is a strain to talk.I go to an allergist .he took my lung capacity and it is normal wondering if I have asthma.?it feels like my bronchial passage is inflamed. I know. I have post nasal dip . Am on ayre and nasonex. This is driving me crazy. It's been going on 1 yr. Just started seeingbthe allerist .your thoughts? Thank you.Could it b acid reflux. Could this be a by product of a high esonophilla count?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Based on the details provided, I think possibility of lung parenchymal / Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) needs to be ruled out. These are group of disease, where lung tissue is involved and airways might be normal. These commonly present with prolong symptoms and lung changes might not be obvious on chest x-ray.

Ideally this should be investigated with High Resonance Computed Tomography (HRCT) of lung.

Acid reflux can cause aspiration pneumonia, but in that case you would have additional symptoms of infection.

Raised eosinophic count can be association rather than actual cause.

I think you should discuss about possibility of ILD with your doctor and get a HRCT of lung done. We can plan the next steps of managed based on the HRCT results.

Hope I have answered your queries. Should you have more queries, feel free to post them to me. I will be glad to help you further.