Have history of migraines. Getting pulsating feeling and tightness in head. What's wrong?

Nov 2013

Hi...I have a history of migraines but have not had one in quite some time. For the past few days the vein on my left side at my temple has been pulsating but my head doesn't hurt. Today I have the same pulsating vein on my left side of my head but I also feel like the left side of my head is on fire. My head feels tight and just not right if that makes sense!
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Your current episode is most likely to be an acute migraine attack.
Recurrence of migraine attacks may occur after long periods of normalcy.
Now, if symptoms are troublesome, you could use one of the various rescue medications to abort the attack such as tablet rizatriptan, zolmitriptan spray, etc.
There is no need to worry at this stage.
If symptoms persist, you could see your GP/Neurologist.
I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant neurologist