Have history of hodgkin's. Cancer free. Undiagnosed cardiac symptoms. Suffer chest pain. What do 91 in absence of other markers mean?

I am an oncology nurse, a 35 yr old female. i have 3 healthy kids. My last thyroid labs a year ago were normal. I weigh 155pds, am 5'6". I drink wine everyday, on worknights a small 4 oz, honest, or so and weekends, could be a bottle? I run the dog on the beach and do yoga, and my youngest is 14 months. I have a history of hodgkin's, st 2B, treated by 8 cylcles ABVD 13 years ago when I was 21. Cancer free, but do have a few formally undiagnosed cardiac symptoms. Just got an insurance eval before getting a full workup. My GGT was 91! My other liver markers were normal. no new thyroids done. do you think this is because of the wine, possible long term chemo effects, maybe some CHF? have had some intermittent chest pain, or thyroid disease, had extensive radiation to mediastinum. Unfortunately, my current doc work at my hospital and don't really want my history to be common knowledge. What does 91 in absence of other markers really mean? Thank you
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....This mild rise of GGT has no significance in you.
Detailed answer....

I have read your query in detail and feel that it is insignificant.
Although GGT can be increased in various biliary and liver disorders,can be caused by consumption of drugs like pain killers,anti lipids,antibiotics,antifungal agents,oral contraceptives,alcohol consumption,congestive heart failure etc,but such a mild rise of GGT in absence of other liver parameters doesn't signify much of anything.

It is one of the earliest liver enzymes to be elevated in people who consume alcohol on regular basis.
We don't even call it as elevated until it is 3 times the upper limit and even that is a very mild elevation.

In my opinion,this slight rise of GGTP should not be worried of and hence you simply forget it.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck