Have higher lymphocytes and a lower neutrophils. Effect on child if parent have different blood groups?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
i have blood type A+ and my wife has B+ what challenges are we likely to face during child bearing.
I realize for the last year past i constantly feel sick all of a sudden and anytime i run a full blood count test my doctor say its okay buti realize elevation in the blood count differentials.
a higher lymphocytes and a lower neutrophils.
and this always applies to my wife
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 42 minutes later
Hello
With the blood groups you mention, there is no real problem in child bearing.
Sometimes, there is slight mild jaundice to the newborn if the blood groups of the mother and child are different.
This problem is worrisome only if the Rhesus groups are differing, however, as you and your wife have Rh positive groups, please do not worry.
About the neutrophils and lymphocytes, if they are not accompanied by any symptoms, and if the treating physician says that they are not worrisome, then please do not stress out.
These are laboratory values and minor fluctuations are normal.
Before planning a pregnancy, go for the following tests ( both husband and wife )
1. Blood group
2. COmplete blood count
3. Liver and renal profile testing
4. HIV, HBsAg, VDRL, HCV
5. Rubella screen and Pap test ( wife )
6. TSH, OGTT ( since you both complain of fatigue and sickness )

Please take regular folic acid supplements, maintain a healthy BMI and an active lifestyle.

Take care, and feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Have higher lymphocytes and a lower neutrophils. Effect on child if parent have different blood groups? 1 hour later
Thank you so much we have both had the test listed above except for tsh and ogtt
what test are actually those two.

i can upload mine for you.if you want it it was done in february this year

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Yes you could upload the tests.
TSH is screening for thyroid disease.
OGTT is to evaluate blood sugar status.

Follow-up: Have higher lymphocytes and a lower neutrophils. Effect on child if parent have different blood groups? 12 minutes later
Thank you so much,
But i will want to ask if thyroid diseases are infectious am asking this because I think we both can suffer the same problems.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 minutes later
Thyroid disease is not at all infectious
However, it commonly occurs due to deficiency of iodine in the water , hence family members are likely to have it.

Follow-up: Have higher lymphocytes and a lower neutrophils. Effect on child if parent have different blood groups? 14 minutes later
Thank you so much.
Back to why I asked the Questions about the blood groups
my wife and I have a child who is four years old.
since then she conceived somewhere last year XXXXXXX and she had a miscarriage.
since then we have trying to get her conceive again but its not happening and we realized towards the end of the year if anytime after sex she feels headacke and weak.
initially i started reading online and i thought we had contracted a herpes virus when i started feeling same.
what might be our challenges.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
For ruling out herpes virus, you need to have a physical examination and blood tests for herpes.
Also, miscarriages could be due to reasons like genetic causes, autoimmune disorders, abnormalities in size and shape of uterus, infections etc.
You need to consult a Genetic Counsellor to have thorough testing to know the cause of miscarriages.
If she feels weakness and headache after intercourse, she needs to see a Gynecologist for the same.
As such, I can see no definite problem that you are facing.

Follow-up: Have higher lymphocytes and a lower neutrophils. Effect on child if parent have different blood groups? 3 minutes later
THank you for your time will come back to you if i have futher questions

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
PLease do so anytime.
you are most welcome.
Thanks for the appreciation.