Have high temperatures, diarrhoea, stomach cramps and bloating. Possibility of dengue fever?

I believe i have dengue fever because I 've had high temperatures, chivers, occasional diarrhea and stomach cramps and bloating. Can i take zantac if i think i could have dengue fever?
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
For bloating, use of OTC medications mentioned below can be used to have some relief.
1. Activated charcoal (Charcocaps) , will absorb the excess gas produced.
2. Antacids, such as Di-Gel, Maalox Anti-Gas, and Mylanta Gas, allow gas to be belched away more easily.
3. Food enzymes, such as Beano, which help break down the sugars found in vegetables and grains, can be added to foods that cause you to have gas.
Taking Zantac will help in reducing gastric acidity.
I would advise you to consult a physician for evaluation of your symptoms and blood investigations so that specific treatment can be started for an early recovery.
Do not self medicate.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.