Have high pulse rate. EKG showed left anterior fascicular block. Am I at any risk?

I have a pulse rate of 98, showing an abnormal EKG, the report showing an LEFT ANTERIOR FASCICULAR BLOCK, am i in a danger zone ? thanks for your advise
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 30 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Our pulse rate is a bit fast (>100 is called tachycardia)

Left Anterior Fascicular Block is an ECG diagnosis.
It may mean several things –
•     Left ventricular disease – Hypertension (Blood pressure) / Valve lesion causing pressure or volume overload / Cardiomyopathy (Heart muscle Disease)...
•     Conduction System Disease – involving the front branch of the left bundle
•     Coronary Artery Disease (Heart attack)

You need physical examination / Lab tests (Cardiac markers) / ECHOcardiogram – for favour of further assessment and assistance.

In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours. Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Have high pulse rate. EKG showed left anterior fascicular block. Am I at any risk? 9 minutes later
Well, i was at the lab this afternoon and did xrays of the chest, lungs (they were normal as per the report), the doctor advised me to see a cardialogist tommorow, and said if i get a chest pain then go to the ER. But i was at the gym this morning never had any signs of chest pain, infact i had continuous burping and the doctor prescribed me heartburn medication (gas relief and pantoprazole). Now the burping has stopped and i am breathing normal with no hiccups. do i still need to go to the ER ?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 14 minutes later

Yes, you should.

Pain may be absent - especially in diabetic.
Your effort tolerance is good....
But resting heart rate is high and needs a look.

Gastric symptoms could be co-incidental or misleading
An inferior wall infarction can present with this type of block or gastric symptoms.

Better exclude the problem rather than take risk