Have high prolactin level at 8585 mIU/L. What diet should be taken? Is it genetic?

I have high prolactin level at 8585 mIU/L, I am not pregnant.
Shall I stop taking food that contain soy protein isolate?
Also, what kind of food shall I avoid?
What kind of good shall I take to have a normal functioning pituitary gland again?
I am currently taking 0.5 mg cabergoline twice weekly (Dostinex)
How high prolactin happens? Is it genetic?
Will it cure completely?
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 6 hours later

The following blood tests are necessary: CBC, complete metabolic panel (electrolytes, kidney and liver function tests), TSH. free T4, qualitative beta hCG, 8 am cortisol, IGF1, macroprolactin ................and MRI of the pituitary.

Other tests will be needed depending on the results of the above. You must be under the care of an endocrinologist.

Some medications can also elevate the prolactin levels in the blood. There is no particular food group or item you need to avoid. There is virtually no relationship between food choices and prolactin levels.

Please kindly review the information in these weblinks