Have high fever frequently. Treatment?

My Wife was hospitalised a month back for high fever, recent she has aigin started getting fever. We consulted a Physician, he has advised again to hospitalise her. Current I donot have Test reports but attaching copy of old reports and treatment provided when she was hospitalised.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
inpatient workup and treatment is worthwhile

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Recurrent fever requiring hospital admission, indicates seriousness of the problem.
If your local clinician thinks that she should be in-patient then I think it should be done because seeing a patient personally gives so many inputs about the seriousness of the matter.
Such fever can be due to many pathogens and is mostly due to infection.
You should get her Chest Xray, Ultrasound of whole abdomen and blood investigations Complete blood counts, renal and liver function tests, serology for Malaria, Typhoid, Typhus and Dengue because it is the time when these infections are rampant.
Also get Peripheral blood smear for malaria and detailed study and Urine routine and culture.
Let me know with the reports.
Meanwhile control fever and malaise with paracetamol as required basis.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.