Have high eosonophilic count, skin rashes, shortness of breath, fatigue. On ayurvedic treatment. Suggest treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
i have an eosonophilic count of 8 , skin rashes, shortness of breath, fatigue a, and wake up everyday at 3.00 , what further tests will i need to take. How do i treat this. a course of steroids helped to decrease but not completely eradicate the symptoms . am under ayuvedic treatment
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the query. You have a high eosinophil count. Although it is within normal range but is on higher side.
You mentioned shortness of breath, getting up in morning and relief with steroid. This suggests asthma. Additional tests like chest x XXXXXXX and pulmonary function test wil be needed to confirm diagnosis as well as rule out any collapse of lung, which can be a late complication of pulmonary tuberculosis.
Please get the above mentioned tests. Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Have high eosonophilic count, skin rashes, shortness of breath, fatigue. On ayurvedic treatment. Suggest treatment? 2 days later
The x XXXXXXX showed fibro cystic areas noted in right hilar region. The lung function test shows 89 and was termed normal . still short of breath

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Fibrocystic changes in lung may be a consequence of tuberculosis.
This fibrosis reduces the size of lung and hence you feel breathlessness.
Lung function test is normal but at the lower range.
I would advice you to XXXXXXX a chest physician with these reports.
Reactivation of tb is also a possibility.
Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you