Have high cholesterol that cause the high BP and digestion issues with gastric. Cure?

I have high cholestrol that cause the high BP and my digestion power is weak. Usuall on every 4-5 day i suffer from gastric problem. I dont smoke nor i drink alchohol. Please suggest what should i do
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should try medicines...

Detailed Answer:

Cholesterol, blood pressure and digestion issues are usually life style disease. Improper diet and life style grossly affects all these three parameter. I hope you are on right treatment for cholesterol and blood pressure.

In patients with digestion issues, I recommend the following measures:
1. Take simple diet containing of whole grain cereals and pulses with plenty of vegetables and fruits.
2. Restrict the amount of spices in your diet. Also restrict fizzy drinks and beverages - coffee and tea
3. Take small and frequent meals and avoid large and heavy meals. However be regular with your food timings
4. In addition to the above, I also suggest proton pump inhibitor drugs like rabeprazole 40mg once a day tablet taken before breakfast for 3 weeks.
5. Finally involve in early morning physical exercise, yoga and meditation.

If symptoms do not resolve with these simple modifications, you should visit a gastroenterologist and plan further investigation. Blood test to rule out anemia, thyroid problems and endoscopy might be required.

Hope this helps. Write back for further enquiries.