Have high cholesterol and iron level in blood test and abnormal WBC and nitrate in urine test. Advise?

I would like feed back on lab test done this week. I am unable to get an appointment with my Dr until two weeks from now.
From what I see these are the areas that concern me but would like an expert opinion as to what it all means:

Blood work: Iron and Cholesterol are high
Urinalysis: WBC Esterase, Nitrate and WBC are abnormal

The only bad habits I have are my consumption of red meat (about 3-4 times a week), and alcohol (on weekends)
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 37 minutes later
My observations -
1. blood work - iron is bit high but not anything serious. We are more concerned about low iron than high iron (unless significantly high). Have you been on iron supplements of late?
Cholesterol (mainly LDL) is bit high but the good cholesterol (HDL) is also quite fine hence the risk of heart disease has been balanced. But you may need to cut down on your red meat. Your doc will also probably prescribe lipid-lowering drugs along with dietary modification.

2. Urine tests have some indication of urinary infection. Do you have symptoms of burning sensation while passing urine, urinary frequency, etc? In any case you need to have an urine culture to confirm if infection is present.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.
Best wishes