Have high cholesterol and diabetes. What can I take naturally to reduce level?

I have high cholesterol and type two diabeties, what can I take naturraly to reduce sugar levels in the 200-300 range. and high cholesterol in 550 range trygricirides
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle modification works

Detailed Answer:
The only natural means to improve the high blood sugar and cholesterol is through dietary change, physical activity and weight loss (5-10 % at least). Eating a balanced diet and minimizing the consumption of refined carbohydrates (white rice, pizza, pasta, potato) helps both conditions. Consult your doctor before you start an exercise regimen gradually. Improving diabetes itself lowers the triglycerides. It is important to decrease the triglycerides to reduce your risk of pancreatitis. Fish oil also improves triglyceride levels.
Sometimes there are other causes of triglyceride elevation such as an underactive thyroid or kidney problems. Appropriate blood tests identify these conditions, and treating them often brings the triglycerides down significantly.
But prescription medication are typically needed to quickly bring the diabetes and cholesterol under control
Follow-up: Have high cholesterol and diabetes. What can I take naturally to reduce level? 6 minutes later
any natural items I can take
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 19 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Over the counter fish oil has been shown to reduce triglycerides but endocrinologists hesitate to recommend these because they are not well regulated and hence there is skepticism on their safety and effectiveness. Pharmaceutical companies have created prescription fish oil which has demonstrated better results