Have high cholesterol. Felt air bubble rising up windpipe without pain while running. Is this heart related?

Apr 2014

Felt what was like an air bubble rising up my windpipe when I went running earlier, thought I was going to faint so stopped, I had no pain at all with it and did burp a bit after it. It scared me a lot, I'm very fit but do have high cholesterol. Do you think this was heart related or just indigestion. I'm paranoid about my heart!
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to both GI or cardiac causes. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You didn't mentioned your age and sex.Any way,your symptoms may be due to both gastrointestinal or cardiac causes.If your middle aged person then definitely you need screening of probable causes. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy,ECG in all leads, Further investigations can be done if needed. As already mentioned about high cholesterol,you need complete Lipid profile. You need drugs for altered lipid profile.Altered Lipid profile must be controlled because it has many systemic effects. So,you should consult your physician and get routine investigations done. It will also relieve your anxiety. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX