Have high body temperature. Do I have infection?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I normally run a temp about 97.6 but now am at 99. Does that mean I have an infection?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 46 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanky you for your querry.
This shouldnt worry you. It doesnt mean anything.
Morning temperature higher than >98.9°F) or a late afternoon temperature higher than >99.9°F is normally considered a fever. Also body temperature fluctuates about 0.5 during the day. YOu should wait and see is this gonna raise or will some of the symtpoms appear such as coughing, snnezing, pain in bones or urinating diffculties. There is no need to use medicines for fever lowering until it is 100.4.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"