Have high blood pressure trombos. Using 42,5 mg.warfarin. Have 2,2 INR. Can I change the dosage?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
HI.I use 42,5 mg.warfarin for every week. I have 2,2 INR. Can i change this doses ? It is too much.
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 37 minutes later

Thank you for your question.

Your international normalised ratio (INR) must be closely monitored and kept within a certain range. The range is dependent on the reason you are taking the warfarin. If you do not keep your INR within the appropriate range then you may suffer serious problems. Therefore, you should not change your dose unless your doctor advises you to. If you think you are having problems with bruising or bleeding, you must see your doctor to discuss this and not change your dose unless you have consulted the doctor.
I hope this has helped you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr K A Pottinger