Have high blood pressure, taken Cozar, Aspirin and Concor. Taking Olmitech now

Cardiologist
Question
DEAR DOCTOR,
IAM SUROJIT XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ,LIVING IN DUBAI.IAM A BUSINESSMAN..
LAST TWO TO THREE YEARS IAM GOING THROUGH HIGH BLOOD PRESURE.ON THOSE DAYS I USE TO TAKE COZAR,ASPRIN,CONCOR. THEN I HAD DISCONTENUED TAKING MEDECINES FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR.AT PRESENT IAM TAKING OLMITECH 40 ONLY.
PRESENTLY MY AVERAGE READING REGULAR IS :
SYSTOLIC- 130 TO 140
DIASTOLIC- 110
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
Your diastolic blood pressure is 110 which is moderately high. I do not think your medicine is adequate. I will suggest that you see your doctor at the earliest. Your doctor after thorough examination will look for target organ damage which might have occurred because of your stopping medicines (like kidney, heart or brain involvement) and give you suitable medicine. You need to be monitored so as to avoid a more than temporary damage. I am surprised at your indiscretion for blood pressure is called silent killer. If you have any question, I will be happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW