Have high blood pressure, tachycardia and PVC. Taking toprol and lisinipril. Reason for chest pain?

Question
I am a 22 yr old female white high blood pressure. I also have tachycardia and PVCs. I have been having trouble with my bp alot lately. I take toprol 100 mg and lisinipril 10mg. I am having sharp pulsating pain in the middle of my chest right between my breasts. Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 36 minutes later
Hello ,

Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Let me answer your query one by one.

1. I am having sharp pulsating pain in the middle of my chest right between my breasts. Chest pain is a common side effect of topril. If it is gradually progressive and not radiating in nature, there is nothing to worry.

2. Should I be concerned? Its better to get a ECG to rule out pathology. But if the pain is not interfering in your routine life, you need not worry.

I would like to know more about the following:
1. Since how long do you have pain?
2. Are you planning for a pregnancy?
3. Are you on contraception? When was your last menstrual period?
4. What is the range of your blood pressure?
5. Since how long have you been receiving the antihypertensive?

Waiting for your reply,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Have high blood pressure, tachycardia and PVC. Taking toprol and lisinipril. Reason for chest pain? 10 minutes later
The pain started about 2 hours ago. It's worse now. I have been taking the medication for 7 months now. I am not trying to get pregnant and am not currently pregnant. I have had a tubal ligation. I am not on contraception. My blood pressure was 158/126 the night before last but that is the highest it's been. It's been staying in the 130s and 140s systolic and 90s and 100 diastolic.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 7 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Blood pressure of 158/126 is considered high BP.
You need to control it immediately to avoid unnecessary side effects of high BP.
I suggest you to check the blood pressure now and if it is still high you need to go to emergency department and consult a physician.

Hope this helps,
Feel free to ask for clarifications. I will be happy to help immediately.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Have high blood pressure, tachycardia and PVC. Taking toprol and lisinipril. Reason for chest pain? 5 minutes later
Thank you for your help.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 minute later
Its my pleasure to help you.
wish you good health.
regards,
Dr Nilofer