Have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, seasonal allergies. Noticed itchy lump on spine. Thoughts?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
On March 31st I noticed two lumps on my spine near my bra line. They had a slight itch and then the next day they were gone. On April 6 or 7th a had a lump on my shoulder bone and it was gone by the end of the next day. On April 9th, I had 2 lumps on my spine just under the bra line and again, they were gone the next day. Then yesterday, I had one lump on my spine about 7 inches above the bra line and it is still there, but will probably go away like the rest of them. What could be causing this?
I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol (both treated with medication); I have tachycardia (diltizem and flecainide daily-been on these for approx 2 years); I have seasonal allergies and I take vitamins. I also was put on 10mg potassium daily because I had an SVT episode (October 2012). In 1994, I had pulmonary emboli and again in 1996. Was put on coumadin until 2010 and after PSVT I now take two 81mg aspirin a day. I've had gall bladder surgery and a complete hysterctomy (1995 & 1996).
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query on Health Care Magic.

The appearance of swellings at different parts of body disappearing spontanaeously are unlikely to be due to involvement of underlying tissues.
It seems to be due to swelling of the superficial tissue.

As you have mentioned that you are prone to get allergies, these swellings could be due to allergy. Since, the swellings are occuring near the bra line, they could be due to pressure of the inner wear.

The drugs that you are taking are unlikely to cause such shifting swellings.

Avoid tight inner wear and observe the swellings.
If they still appear, then you will need to visit your doctor for clinical examination.
If they go away then they are most probably due to the pressure.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal