Have high blood pressure, headache on right side, dizziness, laziness. Does it require immediate medical attention?

I have high blood pressure Currently it reads 147/95 and I have had a bad headache on the right side for several days. In general I feel lousy and somewhat dizzy. Do I need immediate attention or can I wait for dr appt tomorrow?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Your headache does not seem to be related to your hypertension because the reading of blood pressure you have mentioned is not expected to cause a strong headache, and if it is then it should not be one sided rather it is general.
Your symptoms could be due to migraine or a cluster headache which would warrant a detailed workup with your physician.
Till then, you can take Tablet Tylenol 500 mg 1 tablet as and when required ( upto 4 times daily) with food to take care of your pain.
Wish you a great health.