Have high blood pressure and itchy nostril. What is the underlying cause?

I have a itch right nostil and it has been there two weeks blood pressure has been higher
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Itching sensation in the unilateral nostril indicates to a local cause, it may be due to an infection bacterial or fungal, if it is intermittent and long standing the cause can be a Deviated nasal septum.
Another possible cause can be an overgrowth of the nasal mucosa called polyp.
There is nothing much serious but it would be worth while to get examined clinically by a local physician/ENT doctor.
The raised blood pressure should be controlled to contain the complications, as such is not a cause for the itching but can cause nose bleeds if remain uncontrolled.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!